Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
Avon, IN 46123 United States
Occupational Therapy Aide
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
(To work in the Hendricks / Morgan area)
Reports to: Clinical Manager
Job Description Summary
To provide quality Occupational Therapy care to clients in their home according to physicians’ orders as directed by a staff Occupational Therapist.
VNS delivers quality, community-based, health-related services and programs that promote independence, wellness, and family integrity.
As a team member of VNS the following core values and responsibilities will be routinely demonstrated:
Punctuality & Attendance
Maintaining productivity standards
Strong customer service focus (internal & external)
Adherence to VNS' mission, Code of Ethics, policies & procedures, state & federal regulations, and CHAP standards
Full utilization of technology provided to document and enhance client care
Evaluation of own professional needs and provides suggestions for continuing education
Participation in Performance Improvement Process, in-services and mandatory meetings
Education, training, experience:
· Graduate of an accredited occupational therapy assistant curriculum.
· One-year experience preferred.
· Current COTA licensure, CPR certification, and must maintain a valid drivers license and proof of auto insurance.
· Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; and COTA skills per competency checklist.
· Must be able to withstand prolonged or considerable walking, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling or crouching.
· Able to lift, position or transfer patients; as well as supplies and equipment. Minimum lifting required is 25 lbs.
· Visual acuity and hearing to perform required therapy skills.
Terms & Conditions